2017 Triomphe Chardonnay/750ml
All lots were gently pressed using our “long-slow-gentle-low pressure” press cycle that yields delicate juice that low in phenolics. Slightly settled juice was transferred to 300 L used French Oak barrels for wild fermentation, including wild malolactic fermentation, and aging for 7 months in those barrels.
A regional blend (VQA Niagara Peninsula) of Chardonnays from organic growers, including 70% “later harvested” chardonnay Musque from Lincoln Lakeshore, and the remaining 30% from Twenty Mile and Beamsville Benches. Harvested at several dates throughout October, 2017.
John Szabo - 90 Points
"Impressive aromatic complexity here straight off, offering some reductive/leesy/flinty minerality; good palate presence, above the mean depth and length. Mostly sharp citrus dominate, with low wood impact. Drink or hold short or even mid-term."