2020 Laundry Vineyard Pinot Noir
More serious and subtle than the Triomphe, yet rich with red berries and violets. The higher alcohol level (13.7%) from the amazingly hot and dry 2020 vintage means that this wine will pair well with meats and rich-tasting foods. Cellar for 5-7 years.
< 3 g/L
A slightly floral start leads to dark cherries and some mushrooms on the nose. Bigger and bolder than it’s 2020 Triomphe sibling, this wine shows a rounded palate with the right balance of acid, tannin and oak that would allow for a couple years of cellaring to enjoy later.
Whole clusters were manually sorted and 30% by weight went straight to the open top fermenter. The remaining 70% were gently destemmed, leaving many whole berries, and allowed to ferment. After pressing, the wine was transferred to French oak barrels (30% new) for 10 months of aging. Barrel selection that best represented the Laundry vineyard were blended to create this wine.