Southbrook Vineyards is a landmark winery property in Niagara-on-the-Lake with a team that focuses on delivering outstanding wine and an exceptional experience.
ROLE: WINE LOVER
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Smart Serve Certification
- A background in the Hospitality or Customer Service Sector
- A basic understanding of wines in the region and the winemaking process
- A passion for wine
- A passion for organics and willingness to learn about biodynamic practices
WELCOMED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION
- We welcome additional educational certification from the wine industry including but not limited to:
- WCO Certification
- WSET Certification
- Sommelier Certifications (from any number of bodies leading this training)
- First Aid Certification
- Food Handlers Certificate
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Skills to Make the Grade - Multi-tasking, listening and communications skills
- Take Pride in Your Winery - Celebrate EACH guest!
- Desire to Help At our Busiest - This may include working nights, weekends, and holidays
- Perform the Physical Demands - Lift and carry up to 30 pounds, remain on your feet for several hours, work under pressure, bend, reach and stoop
- Tasks May Include working Tasting Bar, Summer Bistro, Events Onsite and Offsite, Leading Tours, Tastings and Private Experiences, Ongoing Cleaning
- Opening & Closing Retail Pavilion
- Some Food Handling
Please respond by e-mail only to cathys[at]southbrook.com with your resume.
We will only be able to contact candidates selected for further discussion. We appreciate your interest.
ROLE: Line Cook:
At Southbrook Vineyard we are looking for a Line Cook who's major responsibility is to prepare food, help the kitchen workers in the preparation of food items and set up allocated stations for menu, as instructed by Chef and compliant with standards.
Arranges, prepares and break downs the buffets and food displays while maintaining the uppermost hygienic standards.
Assist in preparations for onsite events and onsite Bistro.
Will work 30+ hours a week and must be able to work nights and weekends.
Set up stations and collect all necessary supplies to prepare menu for service
• Prepare a variety of foods; meat, seafood, poultry, vegetable, and cold food items
• Arrange sauces and supplementary garnishes for allocated station
• Cover, date and correctly store all bits and pieces and food prep items
• Notify Chef in advance of likely shortages
• Serve menu items compliant with established standards
• Use food preparation tools in accordance with manufactures instructions
• Close the kitchen correctly and follow the closing checklist for kitchen stations
• Maintain a prepared and sanitary work area at all times
• Keep the work area fresh all through the shift
• Make sure all storage areas are tidy and all products are stored appropriately
• Constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices
• Returns dirty food preparation utensils to the appropriate areas
• Assist with all duties as assigned by Chef
Seasonal Tasting Room:
At Southbrook, our Tasting Room is our key to building relationships with guests. The team that leads this important function is a group of exceptional Wine Lovers, who are each able to create an enjoyable experience for all who visit Southbrook. Whether one-on-one, or leading group tastings or vineyard tours, our Wine Lovers are fully versed in all aspects of The Southbrook Story, especially our environmental message.
We are always looking for new team members. So, if you would like to learn and be challenged, we welcome you to apply.