Southbrook Vineyards is a landmark winery property in Niagara-on-the-Lake with a team that focuses on delivering outstanding wine and an exceptional experience.
At Southbrook Vineyard we are looking for a Line Cook who's major responsibility is to prepare food, help the kitchen workers in the preparation of food items and set up allocated stations for menu, as instructed by Chef and compliant with standards.
Arranges, prepares and break downs the buffets and food displays while maintaining the uppermost hygienic standards.
Assist in preparations for onsite events and onsite Bistro.
Will work 30+ hours a week and must be able to work nights and weekends.
Set up stations and collect all necessary supplies to prepare menu for service
• Prepare a variety of foods; meat, seafood, poultry, vegetable, and cold food items
• Arrange sauces and supplementary garnishes for allocated station
• Cover, date and correctly store all bits and pieces and food prep items
• Notify Chef in advance of likely shortages
• Serve menu items compliant with established standards
• Use food preparation tools in accordance with manufactures instructions
• Close the kitchen correctly and follow the closing checklist for kitchen stations
• Maintain a prepared and sanitary work area at all times
• Keep the work area fresh all through the shift
• Make sure all storage areas are tidy and all products are stored appropriately
• Constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices
• Returns dirty food preparation utensils to the appropriate areas
• Assist with all duties as assigned by Chef